Discover the history of the Conciergerie: an historic palace turned prison during the French Revolution
Visit Marie-Antoinette’s prison cell
See the beautiful stained-glass windows of the Sainte-Chapelle
Admire the exceptional architecture of these two monuments
Fast track ticket
営業時間 09:00 - 18:00 , 09:30 - 18:00
Take advantage of this combined ticket to visit the Conciergerie and the Sainte-Chapelle! Discover the last vestiges of the Palais de la Cité, the former residence of the Kings of France, at the very heart of Paris.
Listed as Sites of World Heritage by UNESCO, the Sainte-Chapelle and the Conciergerie are located on the Ile de la Cité, the site where the capital was first founded.
The Conciergerie is one of the last remaining architectural testimonies of 13th and 14th-century Paris. Built in the 13th century as a royal palace, the site was transformed into a prison when the royal family moved into more luxurious lodgings at the Louvre and Vincennes. Nicknamed "the antechamber to the guillotine" during the French Revolution, you can visit the former courthouse located in the Grande Salle and explore the cells that were once reserved for the "enemies of the Republic”. At the end of the 18th century, hundreds of people summoned before the Revolutionary Tribunal were imprisoned at the Conciergerie, including Queen Marie-Antoinette.
You will then visit the Sainte-Chapelle, a real architectural treasure of the Gothic movement. Built in just 7 years, it is especially known for having housed several Holy Relics, including part of Christ's crown of thorns. Discover the intricate stained glass windows of the building that retrace 1113 scenes from the Old and New Testaments. The colours emanating from these windows illuminate the chapel in beautiful shades of light – an incredible sight to behold!
Make the most of this double ticket to discover the vestiges of the Palais de la Cité!
- Availability: every day (excluding exceptional dates)
- Opening times
The Conciergerie: 9:30am to 6pm
April to September: 9am to 7pm
October to March: 9am to 5pm
- Duration: variable (day pass)
- Location: central Paris, 75001
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing
- This ticket is valid for 1 year and can be used on the date of your choice
- Visitors under the age of 18 years and residents of the European Union aged 26 years and under can enter free of charge (valid proof of ID required)
- Admission is free on the first Sunday of each month from November to March
- Audio-guide rental for the Conciergerie is not included in the ticket price but is available at the entrance upon request (supplement)
- Guided tours of the Sainte-Chapelle are available every day from 11am to 3pm (duration: 45 mins)
- Admission to the Conciergerie
- Admission to the Sainte-Chapelle
- Fast-track entry to both monuments
- Audio-guide rental
- Tips (optional)
- All other extras